@ Brian Boggs Charimakers
We Build World-Class Handmade Furniture that Inspires Our Craftsmen, Clients, and The Industry to Live Intentionally.
Brian Boggs’ core philosophy connects you to the trees. Through a combination of artistry and engineering, this furniture designer and craftsman creates the most luxurious wooden furniture available. Honest inspiration led him to find the authentic beauty and sophisticated comfort contained in each of these master’s pieces of furniture.
The Production Supervisor must have worked in the furniture industry. This person is responsible for scheduling production, coordinating resources, and supervising manufacturing. In addition, this position ensures that scheduled production requirements are met within set budgeted and quality requirements in a safe and orderly manner.
- Operates the department in a manner that supports established budgets.
- Identifies and investigates system and process-related problems/inefficiencies and recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Determines parts supply, maintenance tasks, safety procedures, and service schedule
- Required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Develops and maintains daily metrics of production goals vs. achievements. Analyze shortfalls and document the causes. Takes immediate steps to remove obstacles to meeting production goals.
- Performs supervisory duties including, but not limited to: scheduling, assigning work, evaluating and rewarding performance.
- Drives process improvement, sees that all projects have accountability and that deadlines are met.
- Orders all supplies and manages the supplies budget
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum three years supervisory experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, provide tactical supervision, and effectively delegate prioritized work assignments to craftsmen.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and management.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with limited instruction and guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MRP systems to help with tracking manufacturing time and materials.
Brian Boggs Chairmakers, INC provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Full-Time Woodworker / Craftsman
Passion for fine furniture making in a production shop. Take pride in building world-class furniture while hitting deadlines. An interest in learning about all aspects of production, plus the motivation to grow. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment. Strong attention to detail is a must. Minimum three years of woodworking experience required.
Passion for fine furniture making in a production shop. Take pride in building world-class furniture while hitting deadlines. An interest in learning about all aspects of production, plus the motivation to grow. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment. Strong attention to detail is a must. Minimum three years woodworking experience required.
Prepare work according to work orders and specifications; checking equipment and tools; calibrating parts, components, materials, and supplies requirements; obtaining and selecting wood, materials and supplies; ability to alter designs as needed; prepare time and cost reports.
Follow appropriate methods for cutting, shaping, and assembling parts; setting-up and operating equipment, including power saws, planers, sanders, jointers, routers; measuring and marking materials; verifying dimensions; trimming parts using hand tools, including planes, spoke shaves, chisels, wood files, and sanders.
Assemble units by attaching parts and components using fasteners and adhesives; verifying dimensions; trimming and adjusting parts.
Finish units by sanding, staining, sealing, and painting surfaces; adding hardware.
Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and legal regulations, including Material Safety Data Sheets.
Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions and established procedures; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Keep supplies ready by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
Control costs by conserving use of equipment and supplies, and managing time efficiently.
A good attitude: You’ll work with a variety of personalities and will need good communication skills. Written and oral, clear and concise communication is a must.
- Organization – Creating and keeping an organized workspace and shop.
- Quality Control – Conducting inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality and/or performance. Make suggestions for changes as needed.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Materials Management – Keeping track of materials used and ordering in a timely fashion.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management – Managing and tracking your own time.